Thanks to a $2.5 million donation from the Fondation Mirella et Lino Saputo to the Campus Montréal fundraising campaign, HEC Montréal’s Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial Acquisition, and Business Families Hub is launching the new entrePrism program.
This program is an innovative model relying on entrepreneurship as a tool for social and economic integration, with the goal of helping entrepreneurs, in particular from cultural communities, to start up new businesses and grow existing ones. It is also intended to develop new tools based on research on entrepreneurship as a means of integrating newcomers.
More specifically, entrePrism will offer support and immersion in the Quebec business ecosystem for entrepreneurs, through a series of activities:
- mentorships with industry partners;
- diploma-granting training (short graduate program in entrepreneurship or a certificate in entrepreneurship);
- financing, in the form of risk capital through investment funds and grants;
- support from our BBA and MSc students, and from the students of the Université de Montréal’s school of design, through internships or supervised projects credited by the School;
- development of new tools for entrepreneurs by our professors and research professionals.
Entrepreneurs will also have access to community premises for work and collaboration, and can start taking advantage of the entrePrism program immediately.
On behalf of the entire HEC Montréal community, our thanks to the Fondation Mirella et Lino Saputo for this generous donation that will help us support a new generation of builders in Quebec!